Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

NATE

How would you feel if you thought you knew someone only to learn that they've secretly been an accreditation entity for 20 years?  Doesn't that seem ludicrous?  That's what happened to me though.  Don't let it happen to you also.  ALWAYS Google your friends all of the time to make sure they aren't hiding certifications from you.  Trust but verify.  You'll thank me later.

This patch is REFLECTIVE!!

Life can trick one into thinking it is predictable after watching the news for a week.  I know I fell victim to this when I thought I couldn't be surprised any longer after learning that an actual Hollywood studio created a movie starring emojis 😂.  Yeah, that was a tough moment to recover from because my laughter was making my body ache.  I still think someone is playing a joke on me about that.  It doesn't matter because just when I thought that would be the last surprise I ever had in my life, I made an astounding discovery yesterday about my friend, NATE.  For the past 20 years, he has been THE certification authority for HVACR professionals.  I thought we were close friends, but I had no idea he was involved in this operation!  His business interests are product related, but it appears I don't know NATE as well as I thought I did.  I asked him about it the moment I learned and he said, "I've been certifying people in excellence for years... not many people qualify though."  He's always straightforward with his assessments.  He didn't even bother to address the fact that I didn't know about it.  He was probably trying to subliminally direct me away from asking.  Even though we disagree on everything, I believe he is an unbiased and objective evaluator, but I could be wrong since I didn't even know about NATE.  Next I'll probably learn he's been tampering with our engine supply all of these years too.

The most depressing aspect of his response is that I haven't qualified for NATE certification, and it appears that our friendship hasn't helped move me toward qualification.  I wish I had known there was a test all of these years because I would have created a defeat device to adjust my behavior so that I could pass.  Now I'm not sure what to do with this shocking revelation.  I was there when NATE was born.  I was there the first time NATE fell off his pet elephant, Papu.  I was there when NATE touched that red hot brake rotor (this one still elicits a chuckle).  I was there when NATE got married.  Being present for so many important milestones doesn't even afford me a lousy single credit for the certification exam!  They say friendship is its own reward, but I need to be certified!  See if I do any of those things again.  I can't unlearn that NATE has reflective circle patches, and all kinds of other neat accessories.  That is the kind of stuff AcMo needs to prove we exist.

I went to NATE's homepage to dig for the truth.  My first stop was the FAQs.  That expedition was not helpful.  The FAQs didn't offer the information I had hoped.  I have been asking myself who NATE is ever since I found out about his organization.  When I saw this question in the FAQ:  "Who is NATE?" I thought I would have proof that my friend had been operating this organization in secret.    Unfortunately, if his true identity was hidden in that answer our best code breakers couldn't fabricate it.  NATE has created an impressive facade with his technician certification entity.  Why would he do this?  That question, and the corresponding answer, weren't in the FAQ, but they should have been.  The reasons that spring forth from my mind don't make sense.  At first I thought he did it because he hates temperature fluctuations, but it can't be that simple, and that wouldn't begin to explain why it would need to be kept secret.  I fear that I may not ever know why NATE withheld the existence of his organization for so long.

It was clear NATE had a world-class operation when I saw that he had an online store that sold tumblers with his name on them.  That is the definition of winning.  What I need to understand is how NATE was able to create and grow his operation the past 20 years without my knowledge.  AcMo could have benefited from NATE certification before anyone knew what it was.


NATE has tumblers!

I must warn other unsuspecting people out there before they travel down the path of despair and failure like I did.  Don't expect any special considerations because you are a friend of NATE's.  Expectations will only set you up for supreme disappointment and professional embarrassment.  The only way to receive NATE certification is through demonstrable HVACR excellence.  You probably can't do that if you have to ask what HVACR excellence is and how it can be achieved.  Don't feel bad, it appears AcMo can't do it either.  That could be one of the reasons we have so much trouble keeping engines cool.  Once again it has become clear to me that everything is connected.  

This whole situation has made me consider the benefits of establishing our own AcMo certification program to compete with NATE.  Since he has erroneously prevented AcMo from qualifying for NATE certification, the next best thing is to create a rival organization that we control.  Of course NATE won't be able to qualify for AcMo certification due to a technicality.  The truth is that he lacks a penchant for explosiveness that defines all AcMo branded creations.  It wouldn't be an AcMo product if it didn't unexpectedly explode at the worst possible moment.  Of course that presupposes there's an optimal time for an engine to spontaneously combust.  I don't think that such a time exists.

#BoycottNATE and tell him that I asked you to do so on behalf of AcMo when he asks why he's the victim of a nationwide boycott.  Take a stand today against friends not certifying friends, and support AcMo and its new certification procedure.  The best thing you can do is help me get revenge against my friend, NATE, for concealing the existence of his organization and denying certification for AcMo for the past 20 years.  Someone has to pay for that, and it might as well be NATE.

No comments: