Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Adaptation

This isn't similar to what happens when a Hollywood studio finds a great book and then turns it into a mediocre movie that only shares the title and a few character names with its source material.  No, this is the real deal natural world adaptation that occurs when organisms need to survive right now, not 1000 years from now.  ECUs in most high performance cars--we don't like to deal with anything else--adapt to the manner in which a driver drives them.  AcMo does it too.  We have only survived this long because of our unmatched ability to adapt to everything.  Everything except poor automotive styling.  I still haven't figured out how to handle that.  Although, I think our trafficide weapons system could be repurposed into a style arbiter.  Heaven help you if you're holding up traffic while in a terrible looking car.  The trafficide system will find you and disintegrate your ride.  Actually, it doesn't matter what you're driving if you're holding up traffic.  The trafficide system's AI is programmed to act with swift targeting decisions.  We hope to have our first on-road beta tests soon.  We're excited to see how many cars we can melt before the rail gun destroys our test vehicle either by overheating or imploding, or both if we're lucky.


AcMo needs those engines!

The world premiere of the Mercedes-AMG Project One concept car at the Frankfurt International Auto Salon has given me an opportunity to adapt and find a new route to achieve our mission impossible.  Gaining unsupervised access to current F1 cars has proven more difficult than I expected.  Part of the allure of adapting is that it should result in an easier route to our goal.  AcMo would brute force our attempt if we were as strong as water, but we aren't...yet.  I'm working on some theories that could yield at least temporary water level strength.

The engine in the Project One has been designed for reliability and longevity that surprises what is required for a F1 car's engine.  This is actually a bonus for our mission because this road car engine will still be more powerful and reliable than Honda's current race engine, and it will provide their engineers with valuable data that will show them how to build a real race engine.

Horrible thoughts have begun entering my consciousness as the thought hours I've lost on this project continue to climb.  Honda may find a way to mess up this brilliant plan, perhaps they'll install the engine backward and detonate it.  I've seen that happen before, and it is spectacular, but also terrifying.  All of our planning and mental expenditure will have been wasted if Honda's engineers can't handle the job.  I am beginning to wonder if pursuing this plan is the right move.

Adaptation was today's theme, and even now I'm adapting to circumstances.  My logic processors have just told me that my plan is deeply flawed.  It has been made clear to me that I have lost too many brain cells and too much time chasing this mission impossible scenario because of a dare.  The smart course of action here is to acquire a Project One and keep it for AcMo.  An F1 engine in a road car is something we should learn more about for our own purposes.  Understanding how this engine works would take AcMo's tuning well beyond the next three levels.

The questionable styling of the concept car and its unfortunate dorsal fin should be mitigated by the power and handling promised from this package.  I think I could only drive one of these after adding heavy tint to the windows.  I wouldn't want anyone I know to see me driving something I consider to be ugly.  I don't mean so ugly that it becomes cute either.  It is just ugly.  The Project One looks like a car I would design and I can't draw.  It also reminds me of a car one would find in a Need For Speed game.  I don't mean that in a good way.

That helmet isn't being worn for crash safety.

Mercedes-AMG's virtual test driver wears a helmet so no one can see his or her true identity.  I will need to have a privacy canopy that covers the driver's door so I can get out of the car and make it to my destination without being spotted.  This canopy may work for celebrities who are being stalked by paparazzi as well.  I think AcMo may have another new product line! 

Hmm...I've seen those doors somewhere before today.


This is the technology that can propel AcMo to the top.
The second best feature of this concept is its invisible body option.  That is the only thing besides the engine that truly excites me.  An invisible body would make this car difficult to detect using traditional radar and laser guns, and no one will be able to see how ugly it is.  That means unrestricted autobahn speeds wherever, and I won't have to wear a helmet as long as the window tint is compatible with the invisible body.

No.

I am a fan of diffusers and everything they do for airflow, but the rear end of this thing isn't right.  Part of our new plan will be to contact all other Project One owners and offer to restyle their cars for them.  The work will cost an equivalent amount to the purchase price of the car, but when we're finished we'll have a proper looking vehicle.  

My initial thought is that we'll end up with something that looks like this:

Disregard the tape on the front bumper.  It was a long night.




Seeing my proposed design inspiration has caused me to adapt again.  Now I think we'll approach McLaren about building a new (old) road legal McLaren F1 GTR.  Our contacts at BMW can smuggle out a supply of V12 engines for us, which will save on costs and time since we won't have to wait for them to be built.  This new plan is much better than the old ones.  I think this is the best plan I've had all day.  I will continue to research the tech behind the Project One concept's invisible body.  That could be important for AcMo in the future when we move into rum running.




No comments: